Although you already know what you want and what you need, the different and wide range of new computers available in the market today can make the task of buying new computers daunting and time consuming. Keep in mind that buying a computer is not a small investment. Thus, you need to be sure that you are buying the right type of equipment for your needs.
If you are looking at new computers and do not know which one to buy, here are some helpful tips.
• A desktop computer is cheaper than a laptop, especially in the long run when it’s time for the repairs. Desktop computers generally have a longer lifespan than laptops, which will require a battery replacement after several years. Moreover, it is easy to do upgrades on a desktop computer without the need to replace the entire machine. This is not possible with a laptop.
• If you are always on the go and need your computer with you, a laptop is the best choice for you. On the other hand, if you are only going to need it outside the house or office a couple of times, consider buying a cheaper tablet so that you still have money to buy a desktop for your main computer. It is always best to have a main desktop computer where you can primarily work on since it has bigger capacity than laptops and tablets.
• When buying a laptop that you are going to use for work, choose a matte screen. This has less glare and, thus, will be easier for you to work on. If you plan to use the laptop more as a media device, opt for the glossy screen for best viewing experience.
• Always remember that the bigger number of cores the computer has, the faster it is when it comes to speed of performance. Thus, if you want your computer to instantly load programs, you should choose a computer with the highest number of cores.
• Choose a computer with higher RAM for utmost efficiency, especially if you are going to be multi-tasking. Today’s new computers have large gigabytes for their RAM and are, thus, highly efficient not only for gaming but also for completing various tasks at work and for school.
• If you like to open several different programs or internet browsers at the same time, your computer needs to have a higher RAM to allow you to easily switch between programs while maintaining speed and efficiency in completing tasks and performance.
• Choose a bigger hard drive, particularly if you plan to store all your files on your computer. Although the RAM is assigned to store data in your computer, you still need to have bigger hard drive as this is the primary storage of your computer.
• Decide whether you need a lot of USB ports or just a couple ones. Note that the function and purposes of these USB ports may be different depending on the type of job that you will be doing on the computer.
Need professional assistance when buying new computers? Call PCRx Computers now.
408 Main Street
Conway, SC 29526