When going to a phone repair shop, there are some things you need to remember and prepare for to ensure efficient repair of your smart phones. Damages and problems to your phones are inevitable, regardless of how much you take care of and maintain them. Some you can fix on your own, but it will be better if you have a certified and licensed phone technician look at and resolve the damage.
If you choose to bring your phone to a repair shop and have a professional technician resolve the problems, there are important things you need to keep in mind.
1. Tell the technician about any and all water damage that your phone has received
It is important that the technician knows about any and all water damage that has happened to your smart phones even if it was repaired and continues to work efficiently. What you should know about water damages is that they have lasting effects on your phone.
They need to know about exactly what happened to your phone when it got doused or soaked in water, how it was repaired and its performance after the repair. This will help them identify the cause of the problem that you are now having with your smart phone.
2. Tell the phone technician about all previous repairs on your smart phone
This is like giving your medical history to your doctor. The technician will also need to know about all the previous repairs and damages that your phone has received. Some of these damages may have lasting effects that could affect how they plan to repair your phone.
Also, you should keep in mind that repairing a phone that has not been damaged before is easier than repairing a phone that has gone through several repairs, which can be difficult and complicated. On the other if the technician knows about the previous repairs done on the phone, he will be easily able to identify the real cause of the problem and resolve it.
3. Do not try to fix your phone and then bring it to a Conway phone repair in pieces. Although they will most likely get repaired even if you tried to fix it and took it apart, it will take a long time for the technician to put your phone back together. If you do not have prior experience in fixing phone problems or replacing parts, do not attempt to do so.
There might be parts that you can damage or break as you remove them from your phone. Plus, you may only end up causing more damage to your phone than actually fixing it. Regardless of this, however, you can still consider brining your phone to a technician. Just be sure to bring all the parts with you and tell them everything that you did on the phone. PCRx can help you repair your damaged phone, even if you bring them in pieces.
4. Create a back up of all the data in your phone. This is especially true if there are important files, photos, videos, contacts and messages saved on your phone. Note that there’s a high probability of data loss in every phone repair. And what is lost in a repair can no longer be recovered. Keep in mind that today’s smart phones are much like small computers that often require reformatting or restarting as part of the repair. It is during this process when data is potentially lost. To prevent this from happening and to ensure all your data and contacts are safe, it is recommended that you create a back up of everything that you saved on your phone either using your computer or an external hard drive.
5. Make sure your phone is fully charged before bringing to the technician. Although the technician will most likely already have a charger for your phone, it will save them a lot of time if you bring your phone with a full battery to them. The reason for this is most technicians will conduct an overall inspection of your phone before doing any repairs. Even if you pointed out every problem you are having with your phone, they will still do a diagnostic test to confirm the problems that you pointed out.
This includes testing all features and capabilities of your phone including speakers, sending and receiving messages, some important apps, connecting to the internet and many others. They will instantly be able to perform the necessary tests if your phone has a full battery charge.
Looking for a certified and experienced phone repair in Conway or Myrtle Beach to bring your damaged smart phone? Call PCRx now and inquire about their services.
408 Main Street
Conway, SC 29526