Many consumers are asking about the safety and cost-efficiency of rebuilt computers. The primary reason for this is because these types of computers are often sold at a much lower price than brand new products. They also come in a fresh box and are complete with all the necessary tools and equipment as well as warranties, if you buy from local computer dealers such as PcRx. Despite having almost the same benefits with brand new computers, many buyers still have doubts to its safety.
What are rebuilt computers?
Refurbished computers are computers returned to the manufacturers or local computer store due to some flaws or not being able to satisfy the needs of the buyer. When they are returned, they will undergo a series of tests to confirm the problems. Dealers or manufacturers will then work to fix and resolve the problems, reformat the hard drive and install a new operating system, if necessary.
Before placing in a new box, the computer is tested several times to verify that it works efficiently and is up to standards. When they are put out for sale, dealers cannot call them brand new. That is why they are often sold at a much lower price.
Benefits of buying rebuilt computers
Not all refurbished computers are used. There are some that never came out of the box, probably because the sale was cancelled before the product was shipped or picked up. Because these items have already gone through testing, they cannot be returned to the shelves and sold as brand new. They are now considered refurbished but are in a much better and are in technically new condition since they were really not used.
Aside from the cost savings that you get when you buy refurbished computers, you also receive some form of warranty if you buy directly from the manufacturer. And if you are buying from a trusted manufacturer, you can seek professional advice and recommendations on the most efficient and effective type of computer to invest in depending on how you are planning to use the computer.
If you feel like to returning the item because you were not satisfied with its performance at some point, you can return it to the dealer within the number of days they specified. If the amount of days you can return your purchase is already over, you can still bring the product back to the dealer and have them look at the product, conduct tests, and fixes, if necessary.
Disadvantages of investing on rebuilt computers
The biggest disadvantage to buying refurbished computers is that in some cases you cannot customize your computer. Keep in mind that refurbished computers already come with their own hard drive, memory space and graphics and audio cards. There are also times when the refurbished computer you bought does not allow installation of specific programs and software, including the ones that you need and will use with the computer.
Sometimes, they do not have sufficient amount or the right type of ports for your other devices that you will want to connect with your computer. Thus, you will have to spend the savings you obtained from buying the refurbished computer on the necessary cables, attachments and ports that you need.
Buying rebuilt computers
If you decide to buy a refurbished computer, here are some tips you might want to keep in mind:
- Buy only from legit and trusted dealers, like PcRx, so you get more out of the deal – including securing warranty and lifelong assistance in fixing problems on the computer and being able to use it better.
- Do not buy refurbished computers without warranty because that will be like throwing your money away.
- Find out if the refurbished computer comes with all the necessities that it says in the offer and always verify if they are working properly.
- Ensure that the right connectors and cables are included in the deal. Otherwise, you may want to buy your own or find another better deal – one that includes them.
- If you are looking to have a specific software or program installed in your computer, be sure to bring it with you and have the computer store test their compatibility. Otherwise, inquire about any limitations of the computer regarding software installation.
For more information on rebuilt computers, give PcRx Computers a call now.
408 Main Street
Conway, SC 29526